Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) in Belleville NJ
What is a Functional Capacity Evaluation?:
FCEs are designed to establish safe levels of functional exertion for workers who are recovering from injury. Along with establishing maximum safe levels for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling, the Functional Capacity Evaluation addresses specific questions presented by the referral source. Such questions may include:
- Can an injured worker return to his/her previous job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- What specific job adaptations are necessary for an injured worker to perform the essential job duties of his/her job?
- In what capacity is an injured worker able to work competitively?
- Has an injured worker reached his/her maximal benefit from rehabilitation?
Is an injured worker magnifying symptoms?
Prevention of work related injuries begins with hiring practices. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), our pre-employment screenings assess the job applicant's physical capacity to safely perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Site Analysis
A Job Site Analysis is a detailed description of the job demands of a particular job and is based on ergonomic principals in compliance with OSHA and NIOSH standards. It describes in detail the frequent and infrequent job tasks and the essential functions in compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A Job Site Analysis is used to determine the specific demands and requirements of a particular job.
An Ergonomic Evaluation is a comprehensive onsite assessment of the fit between the person, their work, and their work environment. Objective and subjective data is collected by the physical therapist by measuring and video tapping work, work stations, and work tasks. Based on the information and observations, a comprehensive report is formulated that includes:
- Identifying ergonomic risk factors following OSHA and NIOSH standards.
- Recommendation to prevent, control or eliminate risk factors, and optimize work techniques.
- Re-evaluates the effectiveness of changes implemented.