Acupuncture in Belleville, NJ
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) take a whole-body view of health management.
This holistic outlook means your practitioner will treat not just your symptoms, but your entire self, to design a comprehensive plan to meet your health goals.
By working closely together, you’ll examine lifestyle, including exercise and nutrition, as well as elements of your emotional well-being that can impact your health.
TCM maintains that life force energy, known as qi, flows throughout the body in energy pathways called meridians. The proper flow of qi is vital to good health.
An imbalance of qi results in pain, dysfunction and ultimately, disease.
Acupuncture specifically defines and corrects the qi flow to promote the body's natural, healthy function. In acupuncture, hair-thin needles are painlessly inserted into specific points along the meridians to restore energetic balance.
Each of the hundreds of points possesses specific and unique functions.
When you visit the Chiropractic and Physical Therapy Center of New Jersey for acupuncture, you’ll be treated a relaxing experience that can bring clarity of mind, release of tension, and renewed physical vitality.
Common Conditions Treated
Acupuncture has a long history of usefulness for a number of common ailments, including:
- Addiction (Alcohol, drug, smoking)
- Asthma – Anxiety and Stress - Arthritis
- Bronchitis - Colitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic fatigue - Constipation
- Depression - Diarrhea - Dizziness - Emotional issues
- Fatigue - Fertility
- Facial palsy/tics - Fibromyalgia – Headaches
- Gastric issues - Incontinence - Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low back pain
- Migraine - Menopause
- Nausea - Morning sickness
- General Pain - PMS
- Sciatica - Shoulder pain - Sinusitis
- Sleeping problems
- Sore throat - Tennis elbow - Vomiting
- Trigeminal neuralgia - Wrist pain - Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
We want to provide our patients with the most options for wellness, so we offer a host of supplemental therapies to complement our acupuncture treatments. These include:
- Massage — Rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints for relaxation and pain relief.
- Electro-acupuncture — We pass a gentle electric current through pairs of standard acupuncture needles, a treatment that’s particularly well-suited for relieving pain.
- Micro-current therapy — Using electrodes and a low-level electrical frequency, we restore your cells’ normal frequency to reduce inflammation and improve function.
- Moxibustion — The burning of dried mugwort (moxa) on specific acupuncture points stimulates circulation and qi.
- Cupping — We use suction-producing cups on various points of the body to reduce inflammation and pain and increase blood flow.
If you need acupuncture in Belleville, you’ll want to choose the team that can offer you the broadest spectrum of treatment options.
Getting acupuncture treatments at our office can improve and maintain your health as well as help prevent future health issues from arising. The more you incorporate acupuncture and TCM into your life, the more you'll learn to nurture your body, mind and spirit.